I shared my favorite Halloween book with my class today. Here it is for you to enjoy, too. May I present the comedic stylings of Jerry Seinfeld's Halloween.
It got me all sentimental about Halloween's past. So, I dug up a few pics at Mom and Dad's today and fired up the scanner. Here I am with my brother Andy, I'm guessing 1981. I think my mom sewed up these costumes with her bare hands. And no, we weren't the "dirty kids", we must have had some kind of make-up on at the beginning of the night.
My "mummy". She wore this to a Halloween night pee wee football game in who knows 1989? (She was the trainer!)
And good 'ole Timmy. He looks around 5, so I'm thinking 1987?? Scary.
We were all about some homemade costumes. I was a geisha girl, before Memoirs of a Geisha. So fashion forward. I wore a vintage kimono, wooden shoes and umbrella my mom's Aunt Martha brought from Japan in the 1950's. I was so excited because I got to wear a wig AND make-up. Andy was a pirate, Arggggh! Eat your heart out Jack Sparrow. And Tim, hmmmm, I think this was the year we couldn't get him to wear anything except an old superman cape. This must be 1985. Wow, we had some stylin' floor tile.










1 comments:
I had never seen that video, hilarious!! Cute pics, too!
Post a Comment