Saturday, May 17, 2008

Job done a little too well...

After teaching fourth grade for five years, I was ready for a little change. Moving from east of Nashville to west of Nashville provided me with the perfect excuse for a little change of scenery. I landed a first grade position. What fun... while it lasted! I found out yesterday that I'm being moved back to fourth grade. It appears I did my job a little too well last year. My principal asked me earlier in the week how I felt about teaching the older kids and I expressed my enjoyment of the change of pace and wanted to teach first for at least another year. About half an hour later he delivered my teacher value added scores from my fourth graders TCAP scores last year. They did awesome in math and social studies and right on target for reading and science. It all made sense... he saw that I was a "highly effective" teacher and wanted to move me to where I can "best serve the needs of the school." So with a little sadness I say, bye bye babies and hello again pre-pre-teenies. Let the Mrs. Hollis show continue.

0 comments: