
After watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 this week and seeing their new compound for the last 3 or 4 weeks now, curiosity got the best of me. A google search later, not only did I find info on their 6000 SF, 13 acre, $1.3 million mansion, but also nasty rumors that their marriage is on the rocks. I don't know these people. I don't have deep care or concern for them. But they have chosen to put their unique family on tv for us to "peek into their windows" so to speak. I've enjoyed watching the chaos in the Gosselin house but seeing their new digs and knowing that they don't really have jobs and are taking lots of extravagant vacations lately, well the fun in watching them has become lost on me. They seem to be losing the "reality" of their reality show, I'm becoming a little disillusioned. It was fun when they were real people and seemed to be dealing with real problems. But now, being in the public eye, they have found a cash cow. Speaking engagements, book deals, tv contracts, and sponsorships have afforded them a lifestyle that isn't so normal anymore. They aren't a regular family, but TV stars. With it comes scrutiny. Which brings us to my shocking google search finds. Rumor has it Jon was seen at some local bars engaging in questionable behavior with college age girls. Reports say he was buying drinks, dirty dancing, beer pong-ing and saying that he was probably going to get a divorce. Rumors, rumors, rumors. Jon and Kate released a carefully worded statement defending their family and marriage and commenting on how sad it is that taking simple photos with fans can be misconstrued. Who knows what really happens in their home and marriage. Either way, it's a sad state of affairs. A television show has trumped the reality of the life of this family. If his behavior is true, shame on him. But if it was truly a case of a friendly snap shot with fans being used out of context in such a hurtful way, well, shame on us. Voyeurs beware!
Check out their new place & the scandalous reports...






1 comments:
I've only seen the show a few times, but I heard some of these rumors too...still hard to believe their "old" house was only 20 minutes from here!
Post a Comment