Sunday, November 23, 2008

On HIS Shoulders

Yesterday I was cruising www.cutestblogontheblock.com for a festive holiday background to help me get into the mood of the season ahead. I love this time of year. Holidays mean traditions, family, food, celebrations, carols, candle light Christmas Eve service at church, twinkling lights, peppermint mochas from Starbucks (I sure wish they had a sugar free version). After choosing a cute holiday background, I decided I needed to put up a holiday scripture. I chose Isaiah 9:6 - "For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given and the government will be on his shoulders. And his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." One part of that scripture really struck me ... "the government will be on his shoulders." Our world is so scary and uncertain. As our President Elect prepares to take office, I will take peace in knowing that the government is not only in his hands, but that a higher power is watching over it all. In God we trust, I hope rings true.

1 comments:

Lori B.

I had never heard it worded that way before...wow, what a comforting thought in scarey times!!